God, this movie is bad. And it's so much fun I can hardly stand it. Reasons why you should watch Hackers, in no particular order:
- A steaming 20-something Angelina Jolie,
- A bleach-blonde Jonny Lee Miller (hubba hubba),
- An ever awesome Matthew Lillard, who cranked his Lillardness up to 11,
- A duo of DJ/hackers named Razor and Blade (feel free to cry),
- An awesome and totally cliché GenX soundtrack,
- "It's 1995 so we have to make an Eddie Vedder reference" (and it's totally awesome),
- Fisher Stevens who acts out his entire part as if he's on steroids,
- Did I mention Angelina Jolie?
Does this movie have any basis in any realm of conceivable realism? Nope. Is this even what actual hacking looks like? Oh puh-lease! Is it everything you could wish for in an hour and a half of pleasurable suspension of disbelief? Absolutely.
Hackers is sexy and silly and every good kind of bad.
I gave you my recommendation. If you don't like this movie then there's nothing I can do about it.